So, you just got your Shadow, and want to update all the drivers? Or you may have been using your Shadow for a few months and did not bother to check if your Graphics Card has an updated driver?
Updating your drivers for your Graphics Card should be one of the main things you should be doing on your Shadow, or any other gaming computer. Driver updates can help with stability, performance, and reliability of your graphics card.
Not updating your graphics card driver can lead to some issues, and a degradation to your gaming experience.
In this Tips & Tricks, I will be going over some ways to update your drivers for your Graphics Card.
One of the main ways to update your Nvidia Graphics Card driver, is to download the latest one from Nvidia's website. All you should need to do is download and run. The steps can be found below...
Steps to download and install
- Go to https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us.
- Fill out necessary information for your Graphics Card, in this case, it is the Quadro P5000. I also suggest using the Optimal Drivers for Enterprise (ODE) Download Type, but it is up to you.
- Click Search and then click Download on the next page
- Once downloaded, open the driver installer.
- Press OK on the unpack screen
- Once the Nvidia driver installer window finishes the System Check, press "Agree and Continue"
- On the next window, make sure "Express" is selected, and press next. Wait until drivers install. Congrats, you updated your drivers!
Another great way to update your Graphics Driver, is too install and use Geforce or Quadro Experience. Both will work exactly the same. You can install GeForce experience with this link... https://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/download or you can opt in to the quadro experience beta via this link... https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/design-visualization/software/quadro-experience/.
Steps to update your drivers
- Open GeForce/Quadro Experience and login.
- On the main page of the application, select the "DRIVERS" tab.
- If you have a driver update, Select download, and wait for the driver to download.
- Once the download is complete, select "Express Installation".
- Wait for the driver to install. Congrats, you have installed the newest drivers!
Look at that! You installed the latest drivers for your Graphics Card! Make sure to periodically check if their are updates. If you use GeForce/Quadro Experience, you can set it to notify you when a driver is available.
There is a small possibility that your Shadow stream will disconnect while updating the drivers, and if it does, you will need to wait a few minutes before you can reconnect.
Have any other tips and tricks for Shadow? Feel free to comment them or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for reading this blog. Until next post! Do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter for all the latest information about this blog ;).